If you are joining us for an Event at Dragonfly Farm, Welcome! We have heard time and again how peaceful and relaxed horses (and humans!) feel during their time here.
Julie has worked hard to create a friendly, welcoming, and stimulating environment for working and learning with you horse. Please help us preserve this atmosphere by following our Barn Rules. Remember during your visit that this is not only a working farm, but Julie’s home as well.
Below you can download Directions to Dragonfly Farm, a copy of the Barn Rules, and a Release Form (required for each Participant once per calendar year). All horses that come to the farm must have a current negative Coggins on file with us prior to arrival.
Dragonfly Farm is a private, working farm. We welcome guests with an appointment, please contact us in advance if you would like to visit. Sorry, please leave your dogs at home. Children must be closely supervised for their safety. We are a no smoking facility.
Directions To Aiken Horsemanship Academy At Dragonfly Farm From Banks Mill Road, there are two ways to get to the farm. The most direct route is the first one, but it takes you down a gravel road that is not in the best condition. The second route is 2 minutes longer but keeps you mostly on paved road.
The physical address is 590 Implement Road, Aiken, SC 29803.
From the intersection of Banks Mill Road and Pine Log, turn south (away from Aiken) onto Banks Mill Road. Go approximately 1/2 mile and turn left into Hopeland Farms Subdivision on Implement Road. (this is just after the entrance to Hopeland Farms Boarding Facility). The road changes from pavement to gravel. Go through one stop sign (staying on Implement Road). We are the second farm on the right, number 590. You will see a green mailbox on the left with ‘590’ and the farm driveway is past that on the right. Look for the “Dragonfly Farm” sign.
Route 2: Best for Trailers
From the intersection of Banks Mill Road and Pine Log, turn south (away from Aiken) onto Banks Mill Road. Go approximately 1.2 miles and turn left into Hopeland Farms Subdivision onto Hopeland Farms Drive. Turn left (about ½ mile down, your only left) onto Starbuck Drive. Turn right at stop sign (dead end cul-de-sac) onto Implement Road. We are the second farm on the right, number 590. You will see a green mailbox on the left with ‘590’ and the farm driveway is past that on the right. Look for the “Dragonfly Farm” sign.
In order to make your time with us safe and enjoyable, please adhere to the following rules and guidelines. Additionally, please abide by any rules that are posted.
Barn Rules, Policies, and Other Interesting Thoughts
- No smoking in or around barn, if we see you smoking in the barn, we will assume you are on fire and put you out.
- Helmets are required when riding horses, if you are adamant about not wearing one, we will ask you to sign something saying so on your release.
- Negative Coggins required on all horses visiting the farm.
- If you need something, just ask.
- Please leave your dogs at home, our dogs try to be friendly, but sometimes it is hard to share.
- Protect yourself first, then your horse…this applies everywhere on the farm, your safety comes first. Please read Working Arena Guidelines posted at the arena.
- Please lock your trailer and make sure your valuables and equipment are in a safe place. We are not responsible for things sprouting legs and walking off.
- Please clean up after yourself and your horse. This really helps us at the end of the day, so THANKS in advance.
- Relax, enjoy yourself, and enjoy your time in the company of horses.
- If you like what you’ve seen and experienced, tell all your friends! If not, please tell us so we can do something about it!